SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
• As our company continues to grow, we are building up a food services team at our rocket development facility in McGregor, Texas. At this location, our operations and engineering teams are responsible for testing hardware from development stages through acceptance for flight. Our employees get to witness the rumbling of rocket engines on a daily basis at this location. Be part of our team in helping achieve our company mission to take humanity to Mars!
• Assist in upkeep of the Café, storeroom, and kitchenettes regularly
• Inventory/Order supplies as needed
• Stock storeroom and kitchenettes daily/as needed
• Responsible for preparation of a variety of coffee, tea and other beverages
• High school Diploma or GED
• Must have a valid ServSafe card OR Texas Food Handler Card
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• 1-2 years of Barista experience
• Drip coffee proficiency
• Espresso machine proficiency
• Self-motivated and works well with others
• A friendly and customer service attitude
• Must be comfortable with high volume output
• Good customer service skills
• Must adhere to proper safety guidelines at all times
• Must be able to multitask efficiently
• Frequent bending, lifting, and stooping
• Able to work in continuously-standing position for five or more hours
• Must be physically capable of performing manual labor tasks (Lift 50 lbs. from the floor)
• Must be available to work overtime and weekends when needed
• To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.